One of the benefits of keeping a journal is to be able to look back and see progress (or lack thereof) toward my goals. I searched my entry for January 1, 2016, and found some excellent resolutions (from “Board of Wisdom—Ten Ways to Love).”
- Listen without interrupting (Proverbs 18).
- Speak without accusing (James 1:19).
- Give without sparing (Proverbs 21:26).
- Pray without ceasing (Colossians 1:9).
- Answer without arguing (Proverbs 17:1).
- Share without pretending (Ephesians 4:15).
- Enjoy without complaining (Philippians 2:14).
- Trust without wavering (1 Corinthians 13:7).
- Forgive without punishing (Colossians 3:13).
- Promise without forgetting (proverbs 13:12).
Great goals, yet still incomplete. This year, I added one more, which probably encompasses all the above:
- Love without reservation (Matthew 22:39).
To all my readers, I wish a wonderful new year, health, prosperity, and great peace. –Joanne